Medical Marijuana Program
Now accepting Medical Marijuana visits! Please call 315-791-0050 to book an appointment.
Overview of NYS Medical Marijuana Program
- Patients set up an appointment with a provider to see if medical marijuana may help. Practitioners must be registered with DOH in order to issue you a certification (our practitioners are registered).
- Obtain patient certification from a registered practitioner if appropriate for your condition.
- Register online. A registry ID card will be mailed after the application is approved.
- Purchase product from a registered organization’s dispensing facility.
Learn more at https://www.health.ny.gov.
Do You Qualify for the Medical Marijuana Program?
- You must be a valid NYS resident and possess a valid NYS identification card or driver's license as proof of residency.
- You are eligible if you have been diagnosed with one or more of the following severe, debilitating or life threatening conditions: cancer, HIV infection or AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury with spasticity, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathy, Huntington’s disease, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), chronic pain (for pain that degrades health and functional capability, medical marijuana is an alternative to opioid use or for those with a substance use disorder).
- The condition must also be accompanied by one or more of the following associated or complicating conditions: cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures or severe or persistent muscle spasms, PTSD, or opioid use disorder.
Booking an Initial Appointment
- You must call and schedule an appointment for the medical marijuana program – walk-ins will not be permitted.
- The initial office visit will be billed as a regular sick visit and may be billed to insurance. Any co-payment due will be collected. All high deductible plans will be subject to a $100 deposit that will be collected. This visit is separate from the Consultation fee, which IS NOT covered by insurance.
- You must bring with you copies of your medical records from within the past year that verify your condition.
Note: We will not prescribe you narcotics during these visits. If required, you may receive those from your primary care provider.
Fee for Service
There is a $50 nonrefundable booking fee for each appointment made. This fee will be rolled into the total Consultation fee/Registration renewal fee due at time of actual visit. There is a 24-hour mandatory cancellation notice to avoid a forfeiture of booking fee.
Initial Consultation Fee: $250. Registration Renewal: $150.
If you need more information about the medical marijuana program or our regulations, please call our office at (315) 791-0050. If you’d like to request an appointment to qualify for the program, you can utilize our secure and convenient online form.